Friday, August 15, 2008

Inspiring Phelps



www.michaelphelps.com

Reading 2008 Beijing Olympics news hardly skipped stories about 23 years old swimmer from Baltimore, USA, Michael Phelps. Son of the state police, Fred Phelps, simply steal world’s attention after breaking world record on several numbers of swimming, plus pursuing to break 7 gold medals record gaining from Mark Spitz which carved in 1972 Munich Olympics.
Who won’t be bedazzled staring at his way winning six gold (so far) medals, more by himself than the entire Russian Olympic team, as I read on USA Today. Even Mark Spitz hope to watch this swimmer who said “race to win” equaling or eclipsing his record. Spitz said, if Phelps won seven gold medals then it would like the second man on the moon, but in Phelps wins eight, then he’ll be the first man on Mars.
He said, he’ll compete if he’s sure he can win the game and this spirit also spreading positive atmosphere for his rivals. Lochte, his friend and also rival said, he wouldn’t be that good if Phelps wasn’t there competing with him.
His word “race to win” keeps on ringing, I know that within competition everyone expects to win and told to give their best effort to reach it. But the assurance spirit of winning amaze me, since for me I’d rather use the word “I’ve done my best, just wait and see for the result”. In this case, this word seems not enough for Phelps, because he’s not only promising to do the best but he promise to win at the beginning of the game. I hadn’t found this spirit inside of me. That’s why I put Inspiring Phelps as a title today. Well then Phelps….I promise to win. Thanks.
Beside Phelps, I wish Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, Nova/Lilyana, Flandy/Vita also vow to win the battle in badminton for Indonesia. I’m waiting to witness their hands over their hearts while the National Anthem echoed for the first time in this Olympic. That will be the sweetest give for us while celebrating our 63 years Independence Day. Wish you reach the best.



www.google.co.id :)


4 comments:

Lili said...

iyah America mah hebat atlit2nya yaa.

Kalau gak salah ganda putra emas yaa Wi? yg lain aku gak ngikutin..dapet gak?

dewi said...

iyaaa teh...Ganda putera emas. yang laen perak ma 3 perunggu :D syeneng dehhh

funeno said...

in Oz paper: Phelp has mom and sister, so he is human ;p
I really happy that Markis - Hendra got gold medal, but too bad for nova liyana. but that's a game, still amazed with their play.

Anonymous said...

May the phenomenal Phelps could become our inspiring story to renew our efforts for excellence on the next game: London 2012.