Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Meet Mumu


It was a hot day, whenever I looked back on the moment my previous master took me from a narrow cage, where I've spent my days in.
His voice came back to my ears.
"Be a good girl Mumu! You have to leave, I had to let you go," he said in somber tone.
We're just silent for a few moments, then he grabbed his motorcycle and took me with him. It was a hot day, when he rode far away from home and put me into a plastic cage.
I felt much in thirst during this journey, which i have no idea where it migh end.
When...journey last," i wishpered to myself.
The road was too crowded, as i peeked outside the cage. Then, a building surrounded with high walls and trees appeared. It was some kind of an office, or a house where my master spent all day long to make a living.
A lady waited in the pantry, and she looked so anxious after we show up. She mumbled many words i couldn't understand, but she seems to be a nice person. She didn't touch me, or rubbed my fur as all people would do, everytime they saw me.
Seated beside my master, she suddenly run inside the building and show up with a bowl of fresh water, that i recalled the most fresh water to wipe out my thirst during the whole day riding. Perhaps, she noticed my thirsty look that time..
"Here you go my dear, have some water. You've been through a hot day out there," she said in a dim smile.
Then my master hand over my cage to her, and left the pantry with brighter smile that i hardly saw within these couple of days.
"Be a good girl Mumu, Now you stay with Miss Dewi. She'll take a good care of you," my master said while he rubbed my back and give a strange look at me.
My master is a good man, but he has a large family. Many kids, and all felines he bred in his house, indeed need a lot sum of money. I don't know why he hand me to this lady, but at least i'm sure he must have a good reason.
My master eyes grew moist when he rubbed my back for the last time, but he won't allowed that lady to noticed his sadness. I almost knew, that it might be my last moment to see him. I still recognized his eyes, from his eyes i know the meaning of separation.


0 comments: