Thursday, July 10, 2008

Routine

....
Routine….the best scapegoat to blame, every time I’m drowning into a filthy pond of boredom. Doing the same thing over and over again, easily inflame boring sense. It creeps like a virus….and suddenly all muscles and vein gone feebly. The bursting out energy changed in second into abnormality of tediousness. Then, assorted thought whispering inside this head, on how’s the best escape from all theses routines? And sometimes these eyes couldn’t resist the feeling to be envious of others. Yeaa like this old quote, “neighbor’s lawn always looks greener”
I try not to hate anything that comes before me, but I couldn’t deny that I do detest doing the same motion that I truly dislike. Not only mumbling, but also whining and moaning as much as these lips could show a perfect gesture of loathing. And it happens all the time, until the day I found this insightful scene.
My eyes gaze on a craftsman who works on a pottery. That bare chest old man’s activity captivated me. His hands look firm and muscled, but pretty agile while moving the pottery wheel. And every time the wheel moves, he gave a touch and shapes the pottery. The pottery wheel moves on the same direction, and the clay on top of it, keenly follow its motion. This motion continued over and over again. I watch carefully on the potter’s hands, he’s doing the same motion until he finally shapes a perfect pottery.
“Don’t you ever feel bored? Both of your hands doing the same motion over and over again,” I couldn’t resist verbalize my silly question.
“Doing the same thing Ain’t always boring. You can learn from each motion you’ve done. Both of my hands keep on touching and shaping this clay, over and over again. As the wheel spinning, I learn when I should touch the clay hard or soft until I found the perfect shape of a pottery,” he said with a dim smile.


5 comments:

Stephen Newton said...

A wonderful, insightful post, Dewi. Welcome back. You are still a wonderful writer!

Rowena said...

Nice to see you again Dewi, and I love the new look of your blog site! Yes, it's been too long!

funeno said...

as long as it is our passion, no time to get bored to do something

Mr. Nissan said...

nice blog

Lili said...

Itulah fitrah manusia... di berikan nafsu oleh Allah utk merasakan bosan dan perasaan yg lainnya.

But, kita sendirilah yg bisa merubahnya... duuuh kayak di buku2 kepribadiann ajah Ummi ngomongnya..he.he.

Apa kabar Neng Dewi... akhirnya OL juga and suka banget sama layout barunya NEng Dewi... habis sering jalan2 sih yaa? jadi gak sempat posting2..nah ketahuan deh.