Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Seawalking


cortesy of Club Aqua





I know a pile of luck has knocking on my door. After a long exhausting routine which trapped me inside a box called office, I’m luckily to experience a breathtaking adventure called-seawalking. An excursion under water which allowed me to see coral, kinds of fish with all their juicy colors. Yes, I’m impressed. Since it’s my first time walking 8 meters under water using 30 kg helmet around my head to supply pure oxygen, and I’m impressed with the beauty of the sea.
I start the journey from Puri Santrian, Sanur, Bali, around 30 minutes from the Ngurah Rai airport. Since I was invited, so I don’t bother to spend US$75 publish rate, to taste all the facilities. Before I jump into the ocean, the instructor gave me a short training on Seawalker activities, including the equipments, the location, the insurances, and encouraging to plant coral.
A small boat took me to the place, around 2 km off shore where a bigger ship float sturdy waiting for the divers and people who snorkeling around the area. And the sea walking also start in this spot. I don’t even have to take off my spectacles while wearing the helmet, so I clearly spot the marine diversity deep down under.


4 comments:

Rowena said...

What fun! Is it possible to bring a waterproof camera to take pictures? I would probably go crazy taking photos of all the fish!

dewi said...

Yeaaa....Rowena bring the underwater cams and see the beauty of the fish ;)

Stephen Newton said...

Good for you Dewi. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

funeno said...

hohoho..it must be spectacular! been to bali 7 times but never do this ;p