Monday, August 11, 2008

Blue sky….






I’ve told so many times I always adore the blue skies. I always try to capture each blue sky and memorize it well. Clear water and a blue sky, is the perfect twosome which always reflect image of paradise in my thought.

This blue sky I caught in Pattaya last week, a well-known seaside resort where everyone in Thai never miss. Last year, I never think of visiting this beach. I’d rather go to the southern Thai to find more exotic beaches. But this time, I couldn’t resist friends request to go there. Since they have no ideas way to get there, I have to guide them from Bangkok.

The journey starts from Ekkamai bus station, we hop in to a public bus which cost 128 Baht each or around US$4 for 2,5 hours ride. Pattaya is around 165 km southeast Bangkok, well-known of its night life and the lady boys show. Since I don’t want to feel awkward or accepting weird glance from others, I’d rather skip those cabaret shows. Here we go, a group of females circling the gulf of Thai and enjoying its friendly sunshine.

Renting a boat for half an hour excursion is quite cheap in here, around 1.600 baht or US$52. I think half an hour is enough, since seasickness easily tumbling me down just like in Bali few weeks ago when I’m sailing two hours away from the land on a fisherman’s boat. Smell of diesel fuels violently crawl in front of my nostrils, plus the heavy wind seems ready to blow me away.

But in Pattaya, the wind is not that wild and the ride isn’t that far. So we just keep looking on scenic seashore from the water. A friend of mine ask me to try parasailing while the instructor promise me we won’t get wet, because we’ll landing on a boat. But this time I’ve lost my courage, one thing that I can’t tell the reason. All of my friends extremely shocked with the “no” answer. They said, it’s just sounds not me at all, who always eager to jump into assorted sweating adventure. But I have to admit that Coulho is right, Nobody is courageous all the time, being afraid is part of the journey. And my courage faded this time.


1 comments:

funeno said...

wooww...twice in two years, sounds a good luck ;p I always exclude pattaya from my list. even my thai friend resisted to go there. but after I read your trip, hmm..let me try ;)